Thursday, May 12, 2005

Thursday is here and gone

By the time most of you are reading this it will be Friday!! Are you coming to the Music Under the Stars concert tonight???? I hope so!

My sister called me this afternoon to see if Jessica and I wanted to go with her and my nephew to meet Bo I said no... she has to go to school... although I did let her skip the day we went to the Home Extreme Makeover :) But not this time

She's going to her Dad's this weekend... he's responsible for getting her to her game Saturday.

Matt has decided he's going to work tomorrow... He says he feeling somewhat better. I enjoyed having him home with me today. We watched our movie Spanglish... I love Adam Sandler but this movie kinda made me mad. I've seen too many movies lately that make affairs look okay... and some that even play on your emotions that you want them to have an affair! This movie was one of those. I was upset about it. I really am against unfaithfulness. I don't think movies should make it look so harmless.... or even justified in cases. I wasn't offended when we watched Meet the Fockers... I guess b/c I'm pretty open about sex... i dunno but I was upset about spanglish... not to mention there was a scene where the husband and wife were having sex but it didn't show ANY skin but I thought it was very untasteful.

Well to each is own... you may or may not agree but its my blog so who cares :)

3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I was hoping to come Friday night, but as right now I'm not so sure. D isn't feeling so good & he has to work tomorrow & Saturday (since he took today, Thurs, off). I thought that maybe if D didn't go then I could go with Mom, but she's really sick right now. Who knows I may just ride down there by myself, if the fancy strikes me!
I agree about the way Hollywood portrays affairs...Even though I really like the movie 'Bridges of Madison County.' I have never cried so much watching a movie. You're right they do play on your emotions, so before you realize it, you are rooting for the affair. It's really sad.....Sorry for the novel. :)

Jamie said...

I agree with you, Nicole! Unfaithfullness of ANY KIND is absolutely wrong. I don't care if your spouse is in a coma... I don't care if your spouse cheated on you... I don't care if you are in the process of a divorce... I just don't care. Keep your pants on please... there is more to life than sex.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of skin, I was watching CSI last night the beginning scene is two college kids stripping as fast as possible. They showed every piece of clothing coming off up until the bra. After they showed that at least they left her panties on. Good lord! Sorry just had to say my piece/peace....which ever it is. I remember seeing the commercials for the movie unfaithful. It made me real mad. They make it look so casual. The truth is that unfaithfulness just causes pain, and lots of it! TA