Friday, May 20, 2005

Just another Friday

but not really... I'm going out to eat with a new/old friend. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house :) Matt's going to keep the girls.

I haven't touched our bedroom yet... i know i need to but i'm out of energy. I was hoping to get everything done so that we could do something fun tomorrow but matt called at lunch to tell me he's working... i guess i'm glad b/c we need to extra $$ but i was looking forward to spending time with my hubby. Tomorrow night is one another group at the Heath's. We're supposed to bring breakfast foods... can i just take some cereal? Does anyone have any suggestions... cheap suggestions? remember its gotta be something that I can cook at home and take over there. I do have a box of grits but i don't know how they'd taste reheated... yucky probably! Krispy Kreme... awe that sounds good... i don't know about cheap though :)

I was supposed to go to a pampered chef party tonight but forgot about it... i really love those parties... i have lots of PC stuff! But I know I cannot buy anything... have fun without me girls!

7 comments:

native-nc said...

Pancakes & syrup are cheap & makes enough to share with others. They really aren't too bad warmed up either. At least that's my opinion.

Vickie said...

You can make cheese toast. Take a loaf of French Bread, slice it in half, length wise as if you were going to make a huge sandwick. spread with margarine ( I prefer butter) and mound on the grated cheese ( whatever you have, whatevers on sale, any kind.) Wrap in foil. when you get to Cori's, uncover it, lay it on a baking sheet and put it under the broiler and toast it till the cheese is melted and turning and little brown. Everybody loves cheese toast. Then cut it in chunks and ENJOY.

Jamie said...

Okay... I have an idea for you. I'm actually going to try this one out tomorrow morning for breakfast. 2 cans of GV (great value) biscuits quartered. Dip each quarter in melted butter/margarine and line in the bottom of a bread pan. Then add cheese, egg, bacon, etc. Then add another layer of butter dipped biscuit quarters. Bake until golden brown at 350. My aunt told me this one today... she said you can also forgo the egg, cheese, meat and add cinnamin/sugar and top with icing.

~Crystal~ said...

I've made one those before, Jamie...They are good!
But I'm sure Cori wouldn't mind you cooking the grits at her house, as long as you clean up your mess. ;) I know you are on a strict budget, & she knows that too.
Krispy Kreme...It's only like $4 something for a dozen.
And you can come to the Pampered Chef party, on June 24th that Cori & I are having....I'm going to sale stuff on Ebay so I have money to spend, maybe you can do that too. I missed ya tonight, we had a good time.

~Crystal~ said...

Oh....who's this new/old friend you went out with?

Anonymous said...

Nicole you can just bring that box of grits girl you know we're all southern people and love grits, we can cook them here.
Cori

Nicole said...

It was......... Jamie :)