Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Poor Jessica

I just checked the weather for springville/odenville... tomorrow the high is 71 degrees!!! My child is so cold natured... she's gonna freeze! I didn't pack her a long sleeve shirt or a jacket... luckily she has one pair of jeans... oh my... i can't believe I didn't pay attention to the temperatures.. i mean I saw that it was going to rain but did i pack her an umbrella... NO... i'm such a dork! I sent her a sleeping bag but I did pack an extra blanket for her. I hope she has fun... I didn't pay this money for it to rain and ruin her time at camp! They wouldn't let them take any electronic devices... too bad... I could have sent her with a portable dvd player... she would have been very popular... she couldn't even take head phones... yes i undertand the reasons and am actually thankful b/c I think kids need to do more than play gameboys and listen to head phones or whatever. On a field trip this year Jessica came home singing some snoop dog/dawg song... i was like where did you hear that junk????? she said so&so had the cd and we listened to it on the way... i wanted to scream! I remember when I was in youth... they'd go through all of our CD's before we could take them... you'd think they'd do that at a christian school!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I used to work kid's camp at Springville, and there will be plenty for her to do even in the rain. They have a covered pavilion for basketball and games. They also have hay rides (even in the rain!!) and arts and crafts and they will let them swim and canoe and paddle boat in the rain as long as there is no thunder or lightning! And if she still isn't doing anything, it's probably because she has found a nice young man to swoon over!