Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saturday So Far

Well thanks to Jamie and Jennifer who came last night to the Music Under the Stars concert... it was nice to see old friends. To the rest of you who acted like you might come... what's your excuse?!!! Just kidding... I know you all have families and things that come up... I forgive you.

Jessica had a soccer game this morning... she scored 2 goals and they WON!!!!

Lets back up a bit... I got home late Thursday night and everyone was already in bed. Friday when Matt got home from work he said that Jessica and he had a really long talk while I was gone to celebrate recovery... she started the conversation by saying she didn't want to go to her dad's this weekend... and it led to her saying she wanted Matthew to adopt her that she didn't want to be a standifer anymore but wanted to be a Brock... Well of course that made matthew's day... he told her that he loves her and has always thought of her as his own daughter... i think this kinda surprised Jessica... he told her how much he loved her and all that jazz... so now we have some options to explore.... we've thought about it in the past but Matthew wanted Jessica to make the decision so she wouldn't think that Matt is trying to take her dad's place... i knew the time would come but i didn't expect it so soon.

Okay.... well matthew was supposed to tell me Thursday night that jessica didn't want to go so that I could call her dad... well i didn't wake him up when I got home so she ended up going over there cause by the time i found out it was way too late.

Jessica's grandparents brought her to the game... her dad wasn't there. After the game she begged me to ask her nana if she could go home with me but i told her that she was going to have to be the one to ask... finally she asked and they said No! which surprised me... they told her that she needed to go see her dad that he would get his feelings hurt... yeah right! So off she went in tears... Man that was hard! Its really sad when you have to make your kid spend time with someone that they don't want to be around. She called me a lil while later... she just wanted to say hi. she was still with her grandparents... I told her I was going to call her tonight to check on her but then she got upset and said "what if daddy doesn't let me talk to you?" which wouldn't surprise me any... the last 2 times she's went he hasn't let her call me... yeah I've gotta address this with him but i know i'll go off when i do so i'm trying to avoid it... but if it happens this weekend we will have words!

so be praying for Jessica this weekend... its going to be a long weekend for her since she started it off so rough. I miss her already!

My nephew has a game this afternoon so we will be back at the ball park... who knows what we will do afterwards... we made a silly bet that we're gonna do it a dozen times this weekend! wish us luck

7 comments:

Staci said...

WOW, you amaze me.

Nicole said...

What's so amazing??

~Crystal~ said...

Sorry we weren't there...Forgive me? I was sleeping!
Yeah, Jessica won!!!!
It just breaks my heart what Jessica has to go through. She is way to young to have to have that kinda stress in her life. I hate that you had to watch her walk away, knowing that she didn't want to go.
You did marry a good man, Nicole. Not many people except their step-children. But not only except them, but love them like their own. And let them know that they are loved that way. You are truly blessed.

Vickie said...

When I divorced Crystal's sperm donor, I had my the visitations for him written to when it was convient for him to have her, convient for me to let her go and that she wanted to go. At first there were a few times that I had to make her go (my mistake) but then I decided that it was up to her to decide and she never wanted to go. We weren't going against the court and there was never any fear of him taking me back to court to have it changed.
Maybe you need to just have some of the stipulations changed in your visitations to play in her favor and not his.

native-nc said...

Will be praying for peace for Jess! Matthew is great for you both, so glad you found each other!

Quick question about the "do it " part, are you talking about going to the ball park or refrencing something else here. I got confused.

Its a no go on the visit :(

Nicole said...

No I'm not talking about the ball park silly!

I'll have to blog more later but we ended up going and getting Jessica last night from her dad.

Jamie said...

12 times!! Good golly, Nicole. I thought we were doing good to get it done a couple of times! Geez! Hey, I would have stayed longer Friday, but Jennifer was having a rough time. She has just broken off her engagement and I am trying to help her keep her mind occupied, but I could tell she wasn't into it like I was. Please let me know when you guys are doing something else!