Thursday, June 30, 2005

Inmate Pen Pal

Yeah well I know how some of you feel about me writing this guy. And thats fine.

I got a letter back from him today. He answered my questions and seemed happy that I had wrote. He seemed to be really remorseful of this crimes. He said he had been praying that he would meet people in this area and that the Lord has answered his prayers. He said he's had 5 (including me) people from this area write him since the beginning of the year and all of them have been christians. He loves to read (what else can you do there?). He reads the Bible and other christian books. He just finished reading the purpose driven life.

He sentence has reduced from death row to life in prison without parole.

Now just to make things clear. I do not think this guy shouldn't have to pay for the crimes he committed. I do however, believe that the Lord has changed his heart... you can call it jail house religion or whatever but I going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you want to write him you can do so at

Mark Duke 2655
Holman 3700 3D7
Atmore, Al 36503

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I think it's cool you writing to this guy.