Friday, June 24, 2005

Update

Nothing too exciting is happening here today. It's my last day to keep Zachery!!!! Yippee! I have already fed everyone lunch, bathed Darcy, put Darcy down for a nap, cleaned the kitchen and started supper for tonight! I've tried to call Cori... we're supposed to have a garage sale tomorrow and i need to make sure its still on.

Our weekend is going to be pretty busy... tomorrow is the garage sale, after that we've been invited over to the Poe's to hang out for Liberty Day. Liberty Day is in Columbiana... they have a bunch of vendors, a parade and fireworks that night at the football field... it was a lot of fun last year. Sunday is church and Sunday afternoon we have to go the a co ed baby shower for the poe's.

yesterday Jessica's dad called to speak to Jessica. He took her to Sonic and they talked for a long time. Before she left I talked to Jessica and told her that right now I thought we should hold off on the adoption thing... she seemed to be releived. I had told her several times in the past that this was a big decision that she needed to know for sure and at any time she could change her mind. But after he called yesterday she asked me if I thought her dad had changed and thats why he wanted to hang out with her. I told her that people do change and maybe it scared him to think she wasn't going to be around anymore. After she got back she told me a little bit about what they talked about. He said he was sorry for not calling her and coming by to see her... he said from now on he was going to be better at it. I'm really happy for the change. Matthew loves Jessica as his own but Jessup is her dad and as long as he wants to be a part of her life... we're gonna let him.

So after she got home I emailed her dad... yep. I told him that I knew he wasn't the same person he was 10 years ago and neither was I so for the sake of our daughter we needed to get along. I apologized for the hurtful things I said on the phone the other week. It made me feel a lot better.

well thats about it for now.... the kids are outside and darcy is down for a nap... i'm gonna relax!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is awesome, Nicole!