Friday, July 01, 2005

Life as we know it

Sorry I haven't posted anything interesting lately. There hasn't been any drama with the family lately... Praise God!

Last night I signed on for a little while but spent the whole time eating boiled shrimp... I was going to post but I couldn't stop eatin! I love shrimp and my uncle tojo brought a whole ice chest full of the royal reds (the big ones).

Celebrate Recovery was good... we talked about relapse... lately we've had a lot of people relapse... I get soooooo frustrated with the ones who stay stuck in their rutt. But there are those who realize right away their problem and ask for help. Those are the ones I'm going to focus on.

Oh... Matt got another raise!!!!!!!!! So far in the last year I think he's gotten 3! His boss got promoted and told him that now he was in a position to really help him... I'm so grateful for his wonderful boss.

14 days till the beach trip! I'm very excited about this trip. We are all excited. We rented a 3BR beach house and it has a private pool. The beach is in walking distance... not sure what that means but i'm not much of a beach fan anyways. I love the pool! At night we're gonna go crabing.... i used to do that every night as a kid. I spent the summers with my aunt & uncle... they live on the bay down by daulphin island. We're gonna grill out and keep it simple. We all are in need of this vacation!!!!

Before we actually get to the beach we're making a stop in Columbus, Ga for Michael's ceremonies. We have to leave early Thursday morning and go straight to the ceremony... I'm a little nervous that the kids won't do so good... darcy really. Thats going a long morning for her. Esp. since she sleeps most mornings away... and barely gets up in time for lunch! Although this past week she's been getting up around 9:30am. Anyways.... so we'll spend Thursday and Friday in Columbus and leave Saturday morning for the beach. It should only be 4 hours for us... 6 for those leaving from here. We'll be back Tuesday night sometime. I wish we could stay longer but we can't afford for Matthew to take off. I might try and visit a friend in Florida later in the summer. I need to take advantage of this time without a job... it would only cost me gas money and whatever spending money I need.

Well Jessica has asked if we are going to do something fun today... I don't think cleaning the house counts as fun so i'd better figure something out.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

'Ummm... scrimp!' as Tres would say! It sounds like you have been a busy bee. Writing to criminals... having yard sales... good times!

Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

i love alabamie
wat parts u from

prftpeace said...

Looks like you have picked up and interesting reader......