Sunday, June 26, 2005

An old friend called tonight

some of you may remember him... Jonathan Nelson! He went to kingwood for a while but was really just a trouble maker. He and Matt used to be best friends. Jonathan has spent some time in prison and has recently got out. We wrote back and forth with him about 2 years ago but didn't keep in touch. tonight the phone rings and I answered...

Me: Hello
Jonathan: Nicole??
Me: Yeah
Jonathan: Hey! It's Jonathan Nelson. I've been trying to get your number but no one would give it to me. I found it on Yahoo's people search. How are you???
Me: WOW! I'm great. Matt's going to be so surprised to hear from you... hold on I'll let you talk to him.

I gave matt the phone and watched his eyes light up. matt and I have talked about Jonathan a lot... and yesterday matt was going through somethings and found a letter from him with his picture... its just funny how God works.

Matt told him all about how we had changed and he was domesticated now. Jonathan said he was very happy for him. He's going to be passing through here at the end of July... he hopes to visit with us then. He told matthew he would be calling him back this week so they could talk more.

No comments: