Saturday, June 04, 2005

My Crazy Granny

Well I've told a few of you this story on the phone... it may lose its humour on the blog.

My dad's mom is full blooded japanese. She's a mess... and annoying mess might I add. Yesterday my mother got a call from her on her cell phone... here's how the conversation went

Mom: Hello?
Granny: Kat tee?
Mom: Hey Mom.
Granny: Kat tee where Georgee
Mom: He's fishing.
Granny: when he come home?
Mom: Sunday or Monday, is something wrong?
Granny: I need talk georgee... I buy car and they not take back
Mom: What? You bought a car??
Granny: yes they not take back
Mom: Why did you buy a car?
Granny: I trade car and buy new car don't want no more they not take back
Mom: When?
Granny: days ago
Mom: well you only have 3 days to change your mind has it been that long
Granny: yes i not want car they not give me old car back
Mom: Oh you traded your car in?
Granny: they trick me i look at car ness ting i know i have new car... i don't want
Mom: Well there's nothing George can do about it.
Granny: He take back car!
Mom: Who went with you to get the car?
Granny: no one
Mom: well i'm sorry but i don't know what to tell you and George will not be back until Sunday or Monday. I've gotta go I'm at work.
Granny: what i do?
Mom: looks like you gotta new car :)

1 comment:

Staci said...

That's terrible! I bet the guy was young that sold her the car. I love how you can actually hear her voice while reading the dialogue. That's amazing.