Sunday, April 24, 2005

My Weekend

My weekend has been pretty relaxing. Friday afternoon I dropped Jessica off at the Fine Arts competition at Kingwood. My dad was doing sound and she sate with him. I ran into a Old MC boyfriend who didn't even speak... some people are so immature. Friday night Matt and I (and Darcy) went to the store and bought groceries for the next week. I planned out my meals all the way through next weekend. Afterwards we came home and put the pizza in the oven. I went and picked up Jessica from the church and ran into Amy Grimes Repass... we chatted for a few. We came home and chowed down on pizza while watching TV.
Saturday morning was Jessica's first soccer game and boy was it cold outside. She's never played any sports before and so far she really likes soccer. She's pretty good too! She scored a point! They won! After that Matt, myself and Darcy came home to eat some lunch before heading to Zac's baseball game at 2:45. Jessica went with my sister to play with Zac. Matt's grandfather had called him Saturday night to ask him if'd he like to earn some $$$ by changing out some light fixtures at the gas station (not changing bulbs... but the whole fixture). Matt and his dad went to do that while Darcy and I took a nap. He came home about 3... just in time for us to get to the park to watch the game. I asked him before we left if it had warmed up and he said yes... i shouldn't have listened to him... i left the house with a short sleeve shirt on... no blanket for Darcy (i thought she had one in the car). We got to the ball park and the wind was so cold! We ended up snuggling under a huge beach blanket I had stuck in the explorer for the soccer game.
Saturday night Jessica spent the night with my folks. I cooked supper and afterwards Matt and I played pac man on my playstation. We stayed up late (well late for us anyways). It was funny watching matthew get all stressed out over the game. He said he never liked games when he was younger b/c they made him mad. We got up this morning and got ready for church. My parents brought Jessica home and off we went to church. Matt and I have decided that we weren't missing church anymore on Sundays. That Jessica could only spend the night away if she'd be home in time for church. We don't want to teach our kids that if something better comes along then we can skip church. Hopefully we can hold to that... some mornings its so hard to get up and get everyone ready in time.
Church was good. Praise and Worship was good. They're making some changes and I like them. The sermon was on Unity... in the church, at home and everywhere you go. I am happy to say that Matt and I live in unity. We talked about it on the way home. No we don't always agree but we pick our battles carefully. We have very few battles :) I love my husband and my wonderful girls. I'm glad to be in a church were I feel like I can be myself and no one cares. I'm glad that we don't argue over silly things like the color of the carpet. Our church is great and I'm glad we found it.
When we got home from church we had manwich and mac n cheese... yummy! I'm eating all i can b/c I know my book will be here soon... the diet center cookbook! After lunch Jessica and I played pac man. It makes you feel big when you kids think you're cool b/c you can beat the level. hahaha!!! Now Jessica is playing with Darcy and Matt's doing his homework. The house is quite except with the little clicks of me typing on my blog. Giving you all the little details of my weekend. Thanks for reading. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend.
I agree with you about church. We need to start going also.