Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I'm so in love

with my family! I was just looking back at some pictures I had posted. Man I'm blessed! For those who've known me you know that I've gone through some pretty jacked up relationships... some that I just knew were going to be forever. Boy am I glad they weren't! I honestly believe I have the best husband in the world (i know some of you would say yours is). I am so grateful for my beautiful girls and wonderful husband.
Tonight Jessica and I had to go to Walmart for supplies for school project. As we were walking she said "ya know mom, I think we've gotten a lot closer" man that's awesome. For so long I didn't act like a mother... instead I acted like an older sister or a friend... but for those of you with children you know you cannot be that way with your kids. I am so glad that our relationship has grown into this awesome mother/daughter relationship. I'm thankful that she can come to me and tell me her secrets... before she'd go to my mom (who acted more like a mother to jessica than I did). But things have changed. not to mention Jessica and Matt adore each other. One father's day (before we were married but maybe engaged) Jessica gave matthew a card... on the inside she wrote I love you and I wish you were my real father but you're not :( Yep, I saved it! Matthew loves her like she was his own. Seeing the way Matthew looks at Darcy (and she looks up at him) makes me heart melt.
Last night while laying in bed (holding hands - yes we have to touch or else I cannot sleep) we were talking about how happy we are being married to one another. We've had a lot of financial issues over the last 9 months or so but instead of letting that tear us apart we've actually grown closer. We don't fight over money... we don't fight over anything - praise God! Instead we stick together and pray harder. You might think i'm silly for going on and on about my husband and family but I don't care. don't take your family forgranted! Let them know how much you care about them.

I'm going to bed... its late and i'm rambling. Thanks for caring!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Reading your blog makes me want to get to know you better Nicole! Thank you for sharing a little of your life with us!