Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I cleaned my room!

Yep, I cleaned it yesterday... jessica helped me when she got home from school. Actually she sat on the bed... her job was not to let me sit down or talk on the phone :) Matt got home around 7:30 and we finished up by making the bed... clean sheets!

Today the lady from the insurance place is coming by to do our bloodwork and junk. I guess that will motivate me to get the rest of the house in order.

Jessica is still terrified from the movie she watched last thursday. She came in our room in the middle of the night. I let her stay b/c i felt sorry for her. Sometime after that I heard her whimpering... she was having bad dreams. Poor kid. So if you would all continue to pray... i'd appreciate it. I wasn't able to sleep much b/c i was in the middle.

another thing... pray for me... I'm going to send Jessup an email and I'm not trying to stir up anything. I'm just at the end of the rope with him. Over the weekend Jessica got a little homesick and asked to call me. He said no. He told her that there were people there she could talk to if she needed too... that she didn't need to run and call her mommy everytime. Well, needless to say this is not going to work. If jessica needs to call her mommy... he'd better let her. I'll let you know his response.

Thursday the 29th of this month Celebrate Recovery is having its 2 year anniversary.... so if any of you would like to come its open to the public. Its going to be outside (as far as I know). We're going to have praise and worship (with michael and anna - great kids), food and fellowship. I think Lisa has even scheduled a few short testimonies. We're inviting everyone to be a part... some people have asked what its all about... well come and find out.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Nicole, this is just a suggestion, but how about you and Jessica picking out a really good Christian fiction on her age level. I think there is a series that you can get a the Amen corner and you read to her a chapter or so every night, after she's tucked in bed and ready for sleep. That way she will have this fresh on her mind and may help her to have sweet dreams.

Vickie said...

I remember now the name of the series that Crystal use to read when she was younger and she loved them. They are the 'Mandie Books'. They are really good and I think you both would enjoy them.
There is a whole collection of them and you can get them at the Amen corner. You may be able to check them out at the library. If you like them, look on ebay.