Sunday, April 17, 2005

bored

It's Sunday morning and I skipped church. Matt's working and Jessica is at her dads. I didn't want to go by myself. I have to go to a lingerie shower today at 2pm for my cousin. I don't really want to go but I guess i'd better since she came to mine.

We had one another group last night... it was fun. The theme was home cooking. Aimee made fried chicken and mac n cheese (homemade). I made a chicken cassarole. Cori made green beans and corn. Angela brought rolls and dessert. I don't think angela cooks ;) We were all stuffed! Next time we're going to do a breakfast theme. Got any ideas?

I wish my hubby was home! He's been working a lot lately. He needs to rest.

Oh!!! We are listening to the Dave Ramsey New money makeover series... its pretty good. Maybe we'll figure out how to manage our money better. We've already decided that Matt does the grocery shopping b/c I go and buy everything! He only buys what is on the list. We've also decided that neither of us should carry our debit cards (or credit cards) on us. Instead we will carry cash... but not alot. See we're going to take out an allowance. And not carry the whole allowance with us but keep it at home. So if we got out to dinner we'll decided we can only spend $30 so we only carry $30! But of course we both will carry an emergency $20 but its only to be used for an emergency. Hopefully this new idea will work... it will at least let us see how much money is passing through our hands. And we are not allowed to go to Walmart alone... most of the restrictions are for me (that I set for myself - its good to know your limits). I'll let you know how it works.

No comments: