Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Darcy's sick

yeah... I went with Matthew to get his haircut and Heather watched the girls. As soon as we walked in the house we were told by 3 different people she was sick. I felt her and sure enough she was running a fever. Of course, its b/c she's teething... NO ITS NOT REALLY!! They don't run high fevers when they're teething! And if i hear someone else say "she's teething" I'm going to knock their teeth out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We took her temperature in her little booty and it was 102.9! I called Nurse Standifer (jessica's grandmother) and she told me what to do. Its come down to 101.5 in the last 2 hours. I have to wake her up at 11pm for tylenol and again at 1am for motrin. Hopefully she'll be fine in the morning. I don't like sick babies... its such a horrible feeling when you can't help them b/c they can't tell you whats hurting. So far its just a fever... no pulling on her ears, throwing up or diarrhea. i'll update tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both my boys ran high fevers when they were cutting teeth (everytime)...good thing I live 16 hours so you can't knock my teeth out :) Bummer she is sick--I understand the sadness of them not being able to tell ya. But a mother always knows when it's more. You just have to take everyones opinions just as they are....opinoins!

Vickie said...

Who told you babies don't run fever while teething? I've took care of hundreds of babies and they DO run fever, runny noses, earache, diahrea and can have diaper rash so bad that they can bleed if not kept ointment on them. Come on over, I'll wait up for you. LOL

Vickie said...

WHOOPS!! Excuse me. You said HIGH fever. Sorry. :)

Staci said...

Poor Darcy Bug- I will be praying for her! Every Child is different- you know your child better than anyone does...