Tuesday, January 17, 2006

We're back

We made it in last night around 10pm. I drove all the way down and all the way home... I put a total of 597 miles on my car in 2 days. The service was nice... funny but nice. Okay so I guess i'd better explain myself. It was a catholic service... never been to one before. The priest was Vietanese (sp) and I could hardly understand him. If you've ever seen Princess Bride... he talked just like the priest (marriage) LOL! It took everything in me not to laugh out loud. They also burned incense and it stunk!!!!!!!! The room was packed and it was extremely hot inside. They do a lot of stand up, sit down and repeat after me stuff. Towards the end I couldn't get up and down. I never said a word b/c you never knew what you were supposed to repeat. I joked with my brother in law (who was raised catholic) that they needed to pass out instructions as you enter the service.

I enjoyed visiting with my family... I just hated it was under those circumstances. We were able to eat dinner with my cousin tonight... he was passing through on his way home to Huntsville.

And Yes, I did watch most of American Idol... Matthew and I were trying to work out our budget.

1 comment:

native-nc said...

Finally, I was starting to get worried. Call when you feel like talking ...or I'll call you.