Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Darcy update

FIRST OF ALL!!!!!!!!! lol! High fever's normally are not b/c of teething. I'm fully aware of the symptoms you can have while teething. I also hear that she's teething whenever she 'not herself'... its pretty aggravating. She's been teething since 6 months old and will until probably around 6?! Like Melanie (is this the Melanie? as in jergans?) said... as mommy's we know when its more than teething. I appreciate everyone's concern for Darcy and Jessica but I get so sick & tired of having someone (and i'm not meaning you guys!) tell me whats wrong with my babies. Whether its she's sick or what she doesn't or does like to eat. Its just aggravating... like they think i'm not capable of taking care of my children. And they do the same thing to Matthew.

Now on to the update.... she ran a fever most of the night... at one point it came down to 101.5 and then went back up to 102 even. I sat my alarm and got up throughout the night to check on her and give her medicine. Around 4am she got in the bed with us b/c matthew was getting up for work. A little bit after he left she started getting restless... she really likes to be in her own bed once she gets tired. So I put her in her room and about 15 minutes later I heard her cry. I walk in her room and sit on her little bed and then it began ---- SHE PUKED! It was just juice but it scared her (this was her first puke). She climbed in my lap WHILE PUKING and continued to puke all over me! Once she stopped I got her in the tub to clean her up... she started shaking (chills) and I felt so helpless. I got her out of the tub wrapped her up and she was already acting like she felt better. I got her dress and cleaned up the puke in her room. She stayed in the bed with me until sister woke up and then around 9am I was able to put her back in her room and she slept unitl 10:30am. She's in her room playing at the moment... I think whatever she had is passing... I'm still keeping a close watch on her.

6 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Poor Darcy....And poor you for getting puked on! I really hope she feels better.

dana said...

glad she is feeling better. those are some fun times, but at least it didn't last long, i hate it when my kids are sick, but like it better when they just get it all over with at once like that.

Vickie said...

I have always said and still think that you are a very good Mother, Nicole!!
I pray that this bug doesn't pass to the rest of you guys.

Nicole said...

thanks vickie... its good to hear that sometimes and especially after you feel so helpless like I did this morning.

native-nc said...

Sick, sick, sick. YUK. I'm ready for spring to be here with a little bit of sunshine. And no more sick. Get better soon!! (darcy) It stinks being sick!

Jamie said...

That totally brought back a very vivid memory of when I was very pregnant with Bryant and Tres, Hank, and I had a stomach virus. I was in my nightgown and Tres was laying on my chest and all of a sudden vomit was everywhere! Oh, man. I can't relive it again! :)