Monday, May 19, 2008

Just me?

My sister and I hung out at my mom's house this morning while Jessica took her exams. During this time I said something to her about my boys' blankets smelling really nasty. I told her all the things I've done to get rid of the smell that seems to never go away... like.... washing them several times in a row... soaking them first.... rinsing them several times... using bleach for colors... using fabric softner and other random things. She said something about soaking them in HOT water for a while. I said HOT water??? Why? She said to kill the germs... then she said "don't you wash your clothes in warm or hot water?" Um... nope. Somewhere I missed the class where they taught you to wash your clothes in hot or warm water. I've always kept mine on Cold/Cold. Am I the only one that didn't know this??? I'm a dork!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I wash all of my clothes in warm or hot water. Hot water is better for getting out stains too.

~Crystal~ said...

She's right, hot water does kill the germs. This might be the reason for your towels smelling as well. I remember you mentioning that before. I usually wash my colors in cold. And towels, sheets & whites in hot. I add a bit of bleach to those too.