Wednesday, May 28, 2008

BEACH BOUND

We're leaving EARLY Friday morning and if we could leave sooner we would! LOL

Today around 4:30 I got a phone call from Lisa. She's sick... real sick. She's not going with us. After months and months of planning on having a nanny to help out we're now forced to go without one. But really I'm okay. Its my family for crying out loud and I should be able to handle them. I really just wanted her to be an extra set of hands to help apply sunscreen, carry kids and beach equipment. We thought about doing dinner one night and leaving her with the kids but thats okay... we can't really afford anything extra on this trip anyways with the gas going up as much as it has. When we first planned this trip it took me around $55 to fill up. Now its closer to $75 or $80. We're taking two cars. Jessica is taking a friend and we have no room for our luggage anyways. I thought about renting a uhaul trailer but doing that really wouldn't be saving us any money. I know we're going to have a good time. Just keep us in your prayers. I want this trip to be relaxing for everyone.

Back to Lisa...
She called me yesterday to tell me she'd gone to the doctor to get some meds b/c she felt like she was coming down with something. He gave her a shot and some antibiotics. Today she was scheduled to get some sort of infusion for her back problems. They took her temp and it was 103. something. They did blood work and her white blood count was 3x more than its supposed to be. They didn't want to release her from the hosipital but they did b/c her mother convienced them she'd make her go straight to bed and stay there. She called me this afternooon in tears. She's very upset about missing out on this trip b/c she feels like she's letting me down. She hasn't. I know this is a God thing. I've gone back in forth about whether I should take her or not so I think this is definitely God making the decision for me.

Again, I'm asking you all to please pray for our trip. Its our first ever family vacation and I'm a little nervous about taking my little ones to the beach. Pray for safety. Pray that we can ALL relax and enjoy ourselves and each other. Pray for peace. Pray for good weather. JUST PRAY!

I'll take lots of pictures!

4 comments:

native-nc said...

IT's going to be fun, fun, fun. And lots of hard work too. But hubby will be there & that alone will make it all worth it!! Take extra batteries cause we want to see lots of pictures!!!! Love ya!

Maybe we can get in a 5 minute conversation tommorrow if you're not swamped with packing!

Staci said...

Okay so God works out everything. There is a reason for this... you will still have a great vacation. I'm excited you are going! I would have loved to have been your nanny, but I would have to hire my own nanny too! LOL. We are praying for Lisa too...

Night. ITs almost 2 am!

Anonymous said...

be careful you guys!!

native-nc said...

Um I can't find your work story....guess it'll have to wait until next week! Love ya! Be safe!