Tuesday, August 30, 2005

We spoke them into existence

Sunday afternoon we went by Matt's parents house to visit. We were joking with his parents about having twins... grandmaw speaks up and says well my great aunts both had twins... be didn't think anything of it.

Monday morning we went to the doctor. I was kinding with Tamara (i did MC's with this chic) about us having twins while I was signing in. When the doctor came into the room I made a joke about having 2 lima beans in my tummy. I even said "say a prayer we want two!" Well as I was laying there having the vaginal ultrasound done (sorry for the mental picture)... he was taking a really long time... I wasn't at all worried but Matthew later said he was worrying that something might be wrong... the whole time I was joking about having twins! I asked him "hey is there 2 of them???" he said "why do you ask?" I just laughed and said it would be fun! Well he turned the screen around and said "there's one and there's the other" I didn't believe him... i was like not uh! I just started laughing... Matt turned white as a ghost! He was in shock! Neither of us could believe it... we just sat there and i was laughing.

We are both very happy. Its a miracle that someone has twins without having a little help. We're not sure where we're going to put everyone but we're really excited. Jessica was very excited when we told her... she started jumping on the couch.

We have to go back next week for another ultrasound... not a vaginal one but a real one... the doctor also said that i wasn't as far along as i thought i was... i'm not sure how... b/c i know i was on my period during the 4th of july... but he says i'm only about 7 weeks. I'm not sure my due date... anything he said after telling me there was two is all mumble jumble. I do know that they are in two seperate sacks so they'll be fraternal.

ps... most of the people we told didn't believe me... they wanted to hear it from matthew... lol

No comments: