Monday, August 15, 2005

Lane Bryant

Okay... Saturday morning I went to the mall with my mom, sister and jessica. We were on a mission. The first store we went into was Lane Bryant. Now most of you know that this is the ONLY store in the mall that carries nice big girl clothes. I had a arm full of things and my sister had some stuff for me as well. We were finally ready to try on. I went the the back dresssing room and asked if they'd unlock a room for me. The girl said the ones in the front were the only ones opened. So I walked to the other side and there was a line!!!!!!!!! I asked the lady at the door if they could open the other ones and she said no. I told her I didn't understand why they would make us wait for a dressing room when there's a whole nother section. She said sorry... you can talk to my manager if you have a problem... I was nice up until this point! I found the manager and asked if she could open up the other rooms and she said well let me see whats going on over here. She walked back to the front dressing rooms while we followed her. She said there's a room for you here and walked off. But there was no empty room. So the same girl that had just told me to wait was now talking to another lady about people need to wait. Well I went back to the manager and said there is a line. At this point my mom asked the manager to open the other side but she refused so we just dropped everything ontop of one the tables and walked out. She really screwed up my morning... I was on the verge of calling matthew to come and pick me up but my mom and sister talked me out of it.

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Very strange! I worked there for years & we NEVER kept the back dressing rooms locked, unless they weren't needed. Of course if we weren't busy we only used the front ones. But on Saturdays the back rooms stayed open. The only reason I can think of why they had them locked is because they may have had a mishap back there & they were waiting to clean it or something. And they wouldn't tell a customer the reason because that's unprofessional. I'm not taking up for them, by any means. Still it's really weird.

Vickie said...

If you had of started stripping and trying on clothes right there in the middle of the store, I bet they would have opened the back dressing rooms then.