Sunday, August 28, 2005

Play by Play

here's the recap of my weekend.

Friday night.... Matt and Jason played at the Annex in Calera. They played for 2 hours... they were great! I was soooo proud of my talented husband. Saturday Matt had to work but me and the girls went with my parents to a family function at Lake Mitchell... it was sooo stinkin hot! Saturday night Jonathan came over and ate with us. We ended up watching Cold Mountain. Jessica spent the night with my parents. This morning we were supposed to go to church but I hurt my back yesterday and had to unplug my alarm clock to plug in the heating pad... well matt turned his off this morning when it went off... I guess he needed the sleep... he doesn't even remember doing it. We ended up waken up around 9:30am.... church starts at 10am... we didn't make it. We decided to take the girls to Oak Mtn.... that was a trip! We hiked to Pevine Falls... um... hello... fat girl didn't do so hot!!!! And it wasn't just my weight.... i was feeling a little icky and thought... oh no... I cannot pass out here!!!!! We manage to make it back to the car. We grabbed a bite to eat and headed to his parents house to visit. We just made it back home!

Several prayer request.... Please be praying for Michael... he's got 3 more days left of his special forces junk... but he's got a really bad infection in his feet and can't hardly walk. He's really frustrated. Please just pray that he can find the strength to finish and that this infection would disappear!!!!!!!!!!! Also be praying for Heather... its frustrating to hurt to see her husband this way and she's not able to do anything. You'd think that these last 3 days would be easy but its going to be the hardest. He's got a 6 mile rutt tomorrow... thats where they have to carry all their junk and hike.

next prayer request... if you read crystal's blog you've already saw the request... but please pray for Staci's inlaws... they live in Gulf Port, MS... and prayer for my family who live on the other side of dauphin island.

last but not least... pray for Jonathan... he's really putting forth an effort but he needs our prayers of strength and encouragment. He's been coming to church and to the CR meetings. He's held his self accountable to Matt and myself.

Oh wait... one more... pray for my hubby!!!!!! he's working like a dawg! And its soooo stinkin hot outside... i mean by the time I make it back from the mail box I'm ready to take a cold shower!!! Can you imagine being out in that heat all day... he's not even really outside... he's inside a big building that gets hotter than an oven!

okay... thats all for now... i'll try and post some pics from Oak Mtn. I finally bought some more batteries.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'll be praying, Nic.

~Crystal~ said...

Me 2!