Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The seminar

All week long leading up to the day we left I didn't have a clue as to what to expect. I didn't know where the seminar was being held until the day before. I had tried several times to get in touch with someone to find out more information but was unsuccessful. Thursday afternoon I was given the number to the speaker and was told I needed to contact him. I tried several times but wasn't able to leave a message b/c the 'voicemail box was full.' I called the main office again on Friday. I was given an address of the seminar location and the time. It was to be held at the John Parker Bay House at 9am... I googled the place but found nothing. I map quested the address and luckily was able to print out directions. According to the directions it was only 8 minutes from our hotel. We checked out Saturday morning at 8:20... leaving us plenty of time to get there... so we thought! We drove around looking for the place but couldn't find it. After riding up and down this road I remembered I had the number for the place. A man answered the phone and I explained that I couldn't find the John Parker Bay House... he kinda snickered. He said well we all couldn't fit in John's bay house so we moved it to his other house. He proceeded to guide me to the right location. Sure enough we were at someone's house. Matt & I were a little uncomfortable but there was nothing we could do about it. We went in and followed this little old lady to the living room. There were people everywhere!!!!!! We ended up sitting on the hardwood stairs leading down into the living room for THREE HOURS!!!!! I was not happy... for those of you who don't know... I have a bad back and sitting on stairs with no support for so long is not going to be pretty. The first 3 hours we watched a video... after each little segment we'd stop and discuss what we'd just watched... it was kinda boring. We broke for lunch at 12. But we weren't able to leave... they served us lunch... soup. I wasn't that impressed and neither was Matthew... he's not much of a soup kinda guy and def. not during the summer! After lunch we broke up into small groups and did some role playing... we actually enjoyed this part. The last 3 hours we did mock classes and thats where we learned a lot.

oh... matt always makes fun of me b/c no matter where we are at I know someone... sure enough I knew another lady there!!!! how ironic! She's from the vinyard on valleydale... she used to work with my mother at professional title.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hmmm.. a seminar in someone's home? So have you guys decided to do this for your church?