Friday, July 29, 2005

Winn Dixie

I just got back from the store... Winn Dixie in Alabaster is shutting down. As of TODAY they no longer accept checks! And they will not be restocking anything!!!!! I spoke to the manager and he said it all happened today... he said they were dying a slow death. He said they don't expect to have any meats after next week. NO RESTOCKING OF ANYTHING! yikes! as far as i know the one in helena is staying open.

So far the only deals i saw where on spices... they were %30 off original price... and the winn dixie brand is marked down. He said probably more to come.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

That is sad. I love Winn Dixie when it comes to buying meats. Winn Dixie has been around longer than I have. My grandmother use to work for Winn Dixie many years ago when it was called Hills Grocery. The one she worked at was on 20th Street downtown B'ham right up from the fountain. I remember as a alittle girl going to visit her at work and Mama would take me in thru the back entrance.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't have any sentimental attachment to Winn Dixie, they are just close to work for me. Their prices haven't exactly kept me coming back.