Wednesday, July 20, 2005

just wasting time

so yesterday matt was told he'd be working 6 10 hour days and 1 8 hour day... that means SEVEN DAYS A WEEK!!!! This is going to be really tough on him and us too. My husband is the kinda of man that doesn't let others wait on him. If he wants something to drink then he gets it himself ... even when i'm in the kitchen or getting myself something!!! Sometimes it really drives me crazy! If he comes home and I'm cleaning then he starts cleaning too! Its soooo annoying b/c i don't want him to feel like he has to help me. So I decided that it was really important for me to keep the house clean so that when he gets home he can relax. You guys will definitely agree with me when I say its hard to sit down when so much needs to be done. Yesterday Jessica helped me clean up. We started in the kitchen... we wiped the walls, baseboards, window seals, cleaned the windows, wiped down the cabinets and counters and all the other normal clean the kitchen things. We moved into the Living Room where we dusted and windexed... put everything up and vacuumed... I even cleaned off my computer table! Then into the Den... we pulled everything off the entertainment center and dusted. We dusted the everything in the den and vacuumed... we folded and PUT AWAY 3 loads of clothes!!!! We stopped there for the day... my back was killing me!!!!

Things I really should be doing now... my bedroom is definitely not a place for romance or relaxation... I've got to get it under control!!!! And our bathroom is small but very nasty! Yes nasty! I would be very embarrased if any of you saw it right now. Darcy's room and Jessica's room has been kept pretty clean.

PS I had supper ready for Matt when he got home... and enough for his lunch today... chicken cassarole :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That is inspirational to the 'deep clean' challenged!! I have been trying so hard to keep my house clean!! I get up at 6 am to get a head start... and usually only succeed in getting the kitchen in order or maybe some laundry started.

Anonymous said...

I dashed home Monday night, and cooked up some ribs, corn bread, mashed potatoes and green beans and packed it all up to take over to Tommy's Tuesday night. While all that was cookin I was working on my computer on an article to be published in the Japanese paper next month. When I got the food over to TOmmy last night he ran to the kitchen, heated it up and started eating right away. I though he would save it for lunch or dinner - since it was already after 8:30. But he could not wait. He will have enough BBQ sauce left for his burgers he has been living on. Next week I think it will be Salsa chicken on our "date night".