Friday, July 22, 2005

What a day!

this morning around 9:30am Matt calls me... at first I'm a little nervous b/c i don't know why he'd be calling me... I answer (we have 2 way). He tells me that he's locked his keys in his truck and ask if I can bring the spare. Believe it or not I was happy to do it... even though its a really long drive... he's working at the mercedes plant in Vance, AL... I got the girls ready and off we went. It took me about 35 minutes to get there (not nearly as long as I thought it would be). I was going to stop on the way and buy us lunch but missed all the exits with food... before I knew it I was there and there was nothing around! We ended up watching Matthew eat in the car... and his buddy came too.

After that I met Lisa for lunch and then we headed to Costco's to met her mother. I got a few things. Then we went to Rooms to Go... love that store... it was my first time in there. As I'm walking through the store I see someone that I think I know... but I wasn't sure... so after walking off i'm kicking myself for not saying something... as I'm thinking to myself about not speaking to this person and missing my opportunity I look up and there he is again! This time I knew for sure it was him! Jason... my best friend from highschool... He was a few years older than me but was in love with me (no i'm not trying to boast my ego)... we were just friends. I started dating Jessica's father and he was crushed... but we stayed friends... Jessica's father did not like him at all! Jason was the one that bought my pregnancy test. He was such a good friend... he wanted to be there for me while I took it but Jessica's father was a jealous #$@% and told him to leave. ((( i was home alone and her dad was on the phone))) I really could have used Jason's shoulder to cry on b/c her father definitely wasn't around! ANYWAYS FAST FORWARD... We kept in contact even after I graduated... but he went away to school and we lost touch. I was soooo thrilled to see him today. There's a lot of people in my past that I could careless if I ever saw again but he's one of the ones that I hated not keeping in touch with. I told him all about my wonderful husband... I had both girls there with me... he said they were beautiful. He has a 3 year old son but he and the mom are not together... he has custody. He's getting married to another chick on Sept 3rd. They just bought a house in Meriweather (calera). I told him about my church and invited him to come... He said he and his fiance were looking for a church and maybe they'd see us there on Sunday. He told me how happy he was for me... he said I had some rought times but I deserved to be happy and he was glad that I found a good man. I could have stayed there all day and talked to him but we had to leave but don't worry we swapped numbers. I'll def. keep in touch this time... I want him to meet my hubby :) and I would love to meet his family.

2 comments:

Staci said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Crystal~ said...

That is so stinkin cool. I love it when things like that work out!