Thursday, March 19, 2009

An Unwanted Pest... I mean pet

First thing this morning when we headed out the door to the dentist appointment I knew I had a problem. My kids wouldn't get in the car b/c they were too busy chasing a dachshund around the yard... almost into the ROAD! So we leave... and we come back... and its still here!!!! Its been on my front porch all day!! At times it scratches on my front door. It barks. It makes my dog bark. It draws other dogs to my front porch! I've actually had to separate a dog fight tonight! Its 9 o'clock and its still on my front porch! Its a very sweet friendly dog but the above mentioned things seem to cause a slight problem. I called the police a little after 8pm. They sent an officer out... useless. He couldn't do anything b/c he had his own K9 in the car. He said to call back if we had any more fights. He was going to send the animal control person out first thing in the morning. Here's my deal for all you animal lovers that I've possibly offended... This is not the first time I've seen this dog at my house. There's at least 2 other dachshunds that are normally with it. They're always roaming free!!!! ALWAYS! I don't understand why they're not taken better care of. Why isn't someone yelling for this dog to come home? Why isn't someone out walking the streets looking for her? Why is it always out roaming????? I'm beyond annoyed!

Once I was trying to get in my car and one for the other dachshunds came running up and jumped on me leaving behind a nice ole muddy footprint!!! I think the owners are being waaaay inconsiderate!!! I have a dog. She's in a fence.... and ya know what else????? I bring her in at night b/c she barks and I don't want to be INCONSIDERATE to my neighbors!

Its not my responsibitly to go knocking on doors to find the owner so please don't suggest it or else I might blow a fuse! Keep up with your animals!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Not offended here! I agree 100%!!!

Tell'em!!!

Anonymous said...

Some people like ot have pets, but don't like to have to watch out for them. There were always little dogs that fit through the gate to my mom's back yard who would come to visit Dante. There is one little black dog always running around loose. The animal control by my mom don't do a thing about it. Sometimes a kid comes out to chase the dog. I often see a terrier taking himself for a walk at the park whern I go to my mom's. All due to careless pet owners. maybe the doxies are out looking for a better home! lol.

~Crystal~ said...

There should be a leash law & the police should enforce it. I am one of those "animal lovers" BUT I believe in taking care of your own pets & that means not letting them run loose. That is one thing that angers me more than most & that's people getting pets & then not taking care of them. I have called the police countless times on dogs running loose. Around here there are big dogs that run wild up here, but thankfully not as bad as they used too. Once night some dogs chased a cat under my house & the cat got hung & tore the siding off the house! I called the police. Haha. I know the little weenie dogs are annoying, but I guess thankfully it's not mean & want hurt the kids.