Tuesday, March 10, 2009

English Midterm

I was really worried about my English midterm.... mainly because my teacher is really old and sometimes she doesn't remember the facts from the story. She also didn't give us a review of any sort. We've read 16 stories so far and thats all I knew about the test... it was what we've read. She made a comment last week about being a "theme" person and that made me even more nervous.

I got my test and immediately paniced! The first 10 or so were matching but it was weird stuff... not definitions or put the stories together with different phrases... but more of like I dunno how to explain... themes I guess. I was really worried about that part of the test. The rest wasn't that bad. I was first to finish my test. She graded mine while everyone else finished. Then she announced to the entire class... Nicole ONLY missed THREE! I was beside myself.

After class I stuck around to see which ones I missed... I missed some multi choice ones but IF I would have read the directions I might not have missed them! It was the BEST answer so some had more than one answer but I'm not sure what qualifies one answer better than the other. I guess its her opinion. I didn't argue.

Side Note -
I'm glad I'm doing so well at school. I would have never have guessed I would be doing so well. BUT... my English teacher isn't really doing what she ought to be doing. Everyone else says she's supposed to be doing grammer and we're supposed to have written 6 papers. We only write short paragraphs about the stories... nothing more than a page. I have a friend thats also an English teacher there... she says her 101 class is waaaay different.

i skipped psychology tonight... I left right after my english midterm!

No comments: