Monday, February 09, 2009

Wiped Out!

I got a call this morning around 9:30ish. The 2 year old daycare teacher had a funeral to go to and they needed someone to sub. I got myself and the boys both dressed and ready and was there by 10am!!! I walked in the room and told the lady I was there to help her. She informed me that she was the one leaving and that there was only ONE person in that room! WHAT??? LOL I took a deep breath and said alrighty then! The kids in that room are mostly 2yrs old but there's a few that are staff kids. So I had 8 kids (including my boys). One baby that was maybe 4 months old! I don't see how she does it! I was sweating within 30 minutes of being there! It was definitely a chore and I have a new respect for ALL daycare/preschool teachers. If I could give her a million dollars I would! I was there until nearly 3 o'clock. I made it through lunch, nap and play time!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Good for you! I have a respect for daycare workers too! I'm glad you were able to get up and get going! i know that is a chore in itself!