Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good Sport

Luckily for me my FIL is a good sport. You see... I probably call him every day and sometimes several times a day depending on what sort of drama is happening. I've called him from anything to clogged toilets, kids playing in poo to roaming rats in the house! He's easier to get in touch with than my hubby :) And no body gets on to him for taking personal calls... at least not to my knowledge!

He mostly laughs at me when I call him... like he did today. I'm admitting this... are you ready... we have field mice! Yes, I know... nasty little creatures. But before you go thinking my house is nasty... its not! I swept my floors daily and we don't leave food laying out but for some reason the field mice like to hang out around here!

Today I'm sitting here minding my own business watching FOX when out of the corner of my eye I see a mouse run behind the fridge. I didn't scream b/c the kids are napping. I calmly grabbed the cat and the broom. I threw the cat down beside the fridge, jumped in the chair with broom in hand and began violently shaking the fridge!! LOL Nothing... the cat went and laid on the couch and the mouse didn't show. I went back to the couch... curled myself up in a ball and watched the fridge. All the sudden I hear the mouse flopping around. Yeah, flopping... like maybe I'd hurt it or pinched its tail or something. So I repeated the above, grab cat, broom, stand in chair, shake violently - NOTHING!

Now I'm sitting here on the couch and I don't hear a thing.

Of course somewhere in the midst of the chaos I placed 3 calls... Matthew... he quickly let me go... something about being X amount of feet in the air. Then My dad... he laughed and said call the exterminator... when I said I'm talking to him he laughed again and said sorry kid can't help ya! Desperate for someone to tell give me some pitty I called my FIL. I filled him in on whats happened and he begins laughing. I ask him all sorts of questions that the responses I wanted would have calmed my nerves a little bit but don't expect him to give em to me! I asked him if he thought we had a few or LOTS of field mice... he said could be millions! LOL We came up with a solution... we're going to place sticky traps all over the house one night and catch all the mouse!! It doesn't help me with my current problem... the mouse behind the fridge!

So thats my story for today! Now don't forget to read the post below to find out the details on my purse party :)

1 comment:

Eric said...

Don't forget to put peanut butter on the pads.