Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reminiscing

I had to look the spelling up in the dictionary! LOL

Okay so the other night while laying in bed Matthew and I were talking.... its almost the only place we actually get peace and quiet to talk. Although sometimes we have a 4 year old in the middle of us! LOL Anyways back to story.... we were talking about all sorts of things that brought back special warm and fuzzy feelings. We started talking about the places we lived.

My first apartment... it was very cute and cozy. I miss it. I remember when it was just me, matthew and jessica hanging out there. We would watch the same movie over and over with Jessica while laying in her bed. I used to scrub out his lunchbox every night and make his lunches for him (don't really have time for that now but I want to start doing it on occassion). We had this really smart covered back deck that we used to eat on all the time. We had our first Christmas here... just me and Jessica. We made ornaments and it was really special. It was in this apartment that I realized I was going to marry him. It was the way he treated my daughter that made me realize this.

The double mint... it was a trailor I rented that was 2 shades of green. I moved here after Matthew proposed so that we could save money. Matthew officially moved in when I lived here. He had his own bedroom. It was more b/c I was working odd hours and needed someone to help with Jessica. I planned my wedding while living here.

Our first house... I didn't realized how much I loved this house until we moved out. It just wasn't big enough for four kids so we had to move. I miss the shower in the master bath. I miss my rock fireplace. Darcy's nursery was very sweet and cozy. I remember spending lots of time in her nursery getting ready for her. I would stay up for hours in her room just playing with all the stuff. We did a lot of entertaining at this house. The night before my wedding I slept in this house :) We brought Darcy home to this house.

Our home now... I'll have to be honest I would have never have thought I'd be in Jemison. But I love my small town. Everyone says I'm so far away from everything but really I'm not. Everything I need is within minutes. The only thing thats far is my family and 25 minutes isn't far in my book! This is where my kids will grow up... in this house. There are a lot of memories to be made here with my family.

1 comment:

native-nc said...

AWE~ sweet post.