Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Consumed

I've been consumed for the last 2 days on the disappearance of the local girl. I'd rather not mention her name b/c I don't want all that traffic on here! I've spent hours straight on the computer waiting for something new to be posted. As a mother my heart was breaking.... I kept praying that no matter what situation she'd gotten herself into that she'd know that her parents love is unconditional and they just wanted her hoome!!!! I've made my share of stupid teenage mistakes and was just praying and praying she'd be found unharmed. A lot of the things I heard didn't make sense to me. I'm one of those people that wants to know all the details. I analyze things over and over again. We'll probably never hear the truth behind this ordeal. But the most important part is she's home now.

I have class tonight. I don't really want to go. Its getting down to the last bit now and nobody cares if they miss or not. Even though they don't take off for missing I still feel like I need to go in order to set the example for my own child. I have an English paper to write. I hope to get that done asap! I haven't been motivated lately... about school work or anything. I've been lazy. I admit it. I've been really lazy and selfish. I need to get out of this funk. It hits me every now and then like I'm sure it does everyone. And realizing it is probably the first step to getting over it :) At least thats what they say to alcoholics :)

I wish I could be consumed with God's word like I was with this ordeal.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't know that we will ever get the whole story either, but I have been told several things but I am like you, glad its over. I can't imagine what her parents have gone through the past couple of days.

Staci said...

I get in that funk at least once a week. Its not as bad now that I am working full time, but even today I was restless with what to do. I have TONS to do and will never get BORED from not having something to do, but finding the motivation to actually move forward and do it is a different story. I'm always asking Chris to help me find my motovation.

I can't believe school is almost out for you! It seems to go by fast (from this side of the class room!)

Are you going this summer too? Or just starting back in the fall?

I'm glad the girl was found. I prayed for her family as well. I am like you, I want to know all the details too.