Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tombstones

I was just looking at Crystal's post about funeral's and it reminded me of something I've been meaning to share all this week.

This past weekend I visited my grandmother's grave for the first time since we buried her nearly 13 years ago. I was walking around the SMALL cemetary looking for her grave but couldn't find it. I called my mom and she said it was next to her great grandparents... well I was standing next to their grave but all that was next to it was a pile of rocks - THAT was my Granny Ruby's grave. I was sooooo upset that no one ever bought her a tombstone but at that time no one could afford one. I later confronted my mom about it and she said that my granny wouldn't care... but to me it represents how much WE cared about HER! I'm now looking into finding her a tombstone or something other than a pile of rocks!!!

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

That is just so sad. I would be upset if I knew my Granny didn't have a tombstone.