Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4th of July

Last night Darcy spent the night with my parents while Jessica spent the night with Matthew's parents. The boys were in bed by 7pm. We had a movie night... first one in a long time. We watched the Pursuit of Happiness and The Lady in the Water. Will Smith was great. Matthew and I both enjoyed that movie. It was very stressful and I cried at the part where they were in church. But the other movie... Lady in the Water... it was H O R R I B L E! Seriously I thought it was one of the dumbest movies I'd ever seen.

Today we went to Matthew's parents house. His grandparents came over and we grilled out. We didn't stay too long b/c all the little ones were getting restless. We were home by 3:30 and spent the rest of the day just hanging out.

We watched the Birmingham fireworks on TV. They did a much better job at filming them this year than last but I thought the music was bad. I like the more traditional music... they didn't even play Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA! GEEZ!

Matthew says today feels like a saturday and its hard for him to get back in the swing of things. I like the break in the middle of the week. Only 2 more days till the weekend :) Which has absolutely nothing planned for it but thats okay too. I think we're going to visit a new church on Sunday.

Well Goodnight everyone... hope you had a fun and safe holiday. Don't forget the men and women who are defending our freedom.

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

I have to agree about "Lady in the Water".
I was so excited to it, because I love M. Night Shamalamdingdong's movies. But it was awful.

No Lee Greenwood?!?!?!? Isn't that un-American?

New church? Which one? Kingwood not working out? It didn't for us either.