Tuesday, July 24, 2007

To answer Mel's question...

Nothing happened per say... its just that I have a hard time going there b/c I know of things the Pastors have said & done regarding a lot of different stuff. Its one thing to overlook people at a church that you don't agree with but its totally different when its the people in charge.

I liked the old Kingwood better before MC's, the new building and crowded pews. I've never liked to hear Pastor Cox preach and the last few times I'd been there I felt like I was watching a drama or something. I mean one minute he's talking normal, the next he's screaming, the next he's fake crying and then BAM back into talking normal. I just felt like it wasn't sincere... just more of a put on. And he hardly ever uses scripture.

I hate that people have come and gone and no one ever notices. I hate that if you do decide to leave that people assume you've 'backsliding' and I know these things probably happen everwhere but I've experienced them first hand there. I want a churh that is more concerned about the people already warming their pews than how they need MORE people. In my opinion people get lost there. There's no accountability. I know tons of people go to the atler there every Sunday but do they really feel God or is it just an emotional hype? I say... its just an emotional hype for waaaay too many new believers and thats why they end up in the same shape they were in.

No comments: