Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Team MOM!

Jessica's volleyball coach asked me to be team mom. I was honored. I was responsible for getting the girls to camp last night. Coach was out of town and his assistant coach called in sick. I called last week and reminded everyone of camp and the forms due. I was hoping everything would run smoothly but we had a few bumps. Some girls showed up without their permission slip... what were they thinking??? But we got it all taken care of and made it to camp just in time. I was a little nervous about being there by myself with the girls b/c I'm NOT there coach and don't know a whole lot about coaching or the sport. But we managed just fine. I was really impressed with the girls. They were very respectful of me and did exactly what I asked them to do. Once we got to camp I just basically got to sit back and watch. They have improved soooo much.

On the way home I suggested that they look uniform Tuesday night and asked them to all wear a black shirt. Most of the girls were fine with that but of course you had a handfull that didn't own a black shirt - yea right! When I spoke to Coach about this earlier he laughed and said "welcome to the world of coaching!" LOL

I will not be going with the girls tonight... instead Matthew and I are going b'day shopping for Jessica. I hope to go with them tomorrow night. All in all it was a fun experience and I'm looking forward to being involved with the team in whatever way I'm needed.

2 comments:

amyelizabeth said...

that sounds cool. i'm sure you're a hip team mom. <3

Staci said...

Lets see you in a swimsuit and then I will decide if I should let you see me in one! I am always the one taking pictures! I didn't even think to have one of me and Chloe, once I took the pictures, Chris & Katy took off to go ride the rides. I was by myself with her the next hour and a half. So there you have it.