Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Birthday Shopping

Last night Matthew and I went shopping for Jessica's b'day. She was at camp and his parents watched the little ones. We headed to the mall.

Let me say something just to clear this up.... Jessica NEVER ask for anything. She is not a spoiled kid. She knows we cannot afford certain things and she's okay with it. But she's growing up and her 'style' is changing. And with change it gets a little more expensive. I don't neccesarly think Jessica thinks she has to have what every one else has so she can fit in... I really think Jessica is good a being an individual but that doesn't mean that she's not going to want something that someone else has... its just not going to devastate her if she doesn't get it.

Moving on... A while back I told you about the bag of clothes my cousin passed down to Jessica. She was thrilled to get those clothes... mainly b/c her wardrobe tends to repeat itself. She got several pair of jeans in that bag... delias, abercrombie and silver were her favorite. She's always been real funny about how her jeans fit on her legs and apparently she liked the ways these fit. Well the jeans were too long for my cousin so she had cut them at the bottom. At Jessica's school she's not allowed to wear jeans like that so she asked for some for birthday.

So here Matthew and I were at the mall last night shopping for Jessica. We went in Delias and found the style of jeans she wanted... they even came in SHORT. We got those and headed down to abercrombie where Jessica had tried on a really cute top a few weeks back during our 'girls night out'... we got the shirt. We wanted to buy her one more pair of jeans. Well I thought that the SILVER jeans were like silvertab for men made by Levis. So we headed to one of the many department stores. We looked in several stores but had no luck. Finally I called my aunt to find out where she'd gotten them. Are you ready for this?????? Silver Jeans are they're own brand NOT made by Levis. They infact run anywhere from $80 to $100 a pair!!!!! Only 'special' stores carry them... She had found my cousins pair at a consignment shop. Needless to say she will not be getting a pair of those anytime soon!

The next thing I remember Jessica saying something about were Wallabees. So we stopped by one of the shoe stores to see if they carried them. Sure enough they had em. The girl asked me what size I needed I told her I needed to see the price first. They were $100!!!!! I told that girl we'd have to come back. LOL I cannot buy Jessica a pair of $100 shoes when the childs foot grows like watered grass in the spring! She's gonna have to stop growing before I spend that kind of money on clothes and shoes. She's gotta get a new wardrobe for every season b/c the clothes from last year don't fit her anymore!

We wanted to buy her one more little thing so we went to The Icing. I was looking for some cute scarf/headband thingys but didn't find any that I liked. On our way out of the store I saw a bunch of makeup on sale. We told Jessica when she turned 12 she could wear makeup. Matthew is not for this but he's being good. He actually thought it was a good idea for US to pick out her makeup rather than have her or someone else buy it. So we searched and searched for the perfect shades of eye shadow. If I showed him anything that was remotely colorful or sparkled he wasn't for it. He cracked me up! We ended up getting her a compact that had various shades of neutral colors. LOL

After that we had had enough shopping for one day so we headed back to his parents house.

I know Jessica is going to be sooo thrilled over the stuff we got her. She doesn't even know we went shopping. She thinks we stayed at the Brock's house while she was at camp. We had told her last month when she got her cell phone that she could count it as her b'day present. And we're not going to give her stuff to her on saturday when we have her party... we're going to wait until her actual b'day.

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

I love headbands & I buy alot of my from Ross. They are normally only $2.99. Once I wanted a thick Red one for Christmas. I went into Stein Mart (my very first time in there) & they had one for $15!!! I walked down to Ross & found the same headband for $2.99.