Friday, July 06, 2007

Life as a Stay at Home Mom

I started this journey 3 years ago in September. I was due to deliver Darcy in November but started having some complications with my pregnancy and was forced to leave my job.

Prior to that I had often said to many different people that there was NO WAY that I would EVER be a SAHM b/c for many reasons but the first one was MONEY. I knew that at that time in our life we were struggling with 2 incomes and I knew we'd never make it with 2 children and 1 income.

The 2nd reason was b/c that was just not me! I had worked since I was old enough to spend the summers at my dad's office. I liked the feeling of getting things accomplished and being professional. I had worked hard to get where I had gotten with my career. I was a Real Estate Closing Secretary who was paid well.

In the months leading up to September my OB had some concern about my sugar... its wasn't too high but it was the opposite. I had also started to have fainting spells. With a few of those spells I had ceizure like symptons. I was sent to several different doctors and finally was told it was my heart. During the time of doctor flopping I was told I could not drive. I was put on bed rest without actually being told to stay in the bed. I had to eliminate all stress.... LOL! Well to make a long story short I took my maternity leave earlier than expected and once I had Darcy I only had 10 more days left of my leave. My employeer at the time told me if I could not report back to work in 10 days than I would be let go. So there I was with a baby just a few days old when our world was flipped upside down even more!

We struggled for many months but eventually put ourselves on a strict budget and we made it work. I love being home with my children and couldn't imagine it any other way. Thinking back to when Jessica was a baby I realize I missed soooo much. I was a young girl when I had her and I had no desire to be a mom. I regret not being more. I am here with my kids all day every day and yes at times that gets a little overwhelming. But I am so thankful for the opportunity.

I know there are moms that have to work and I will never pass judgment on them. I know how I felt yesterday after coming home from a long day. I could not imagine juggling being a mom and having a full time job outside of the home.

With all that said... I have been approached by an attorney... actually more than once... about working for him. The latest phone call was suggesting that he set me up to work from home. The pay is good and the rest sounds good too. Please pray with me about taking this step. I only want to do this if its God's will for us. It would relieve some of the stress financially and help me feel that feeling of self worth and accomplishment.

2 comments:

dana said...

That is an awesome opportunity. I will pray that God's hand is in the whole situation. I have also been trying to find a part time job, one to help with money, but also to get me out of the house.

~Crystal~ said...

Wow...I will definitely pray.