Monday, June 25, 2007

Beach Freak

Jessica left this morning at 3:30am. She spent the night with a friend and her father was the one that got them to the church.... Thank God for him! Cause I would have had to load up the kids in order to get her there... Matthew would have to leave before I could get back home.

I've been to the same camp she's at but I was much older. I'm a little nervous about this b/c they basically have teenagers watching my kid with a few parents there too. She's 11 and it will be her responsibility to apply and reapply sunscreen.... along with many other things. I just hope someone is watching my child. There have been so many things in the news lately about missing children on trips just like this. I not only worry about that but things like... is someone going to be watching her while she's in the ocean???? at the pool??? crossing the street??? We gave her several speeches and hopefully she'll be aware of her surroundings at all times. And I think they big on the buddy system too. I'm sure she's going to be just fine and that she'll have wonderful time. Just pray she doesn't come home fried!

One more thing... the friend that she spent the night with, Brooklyn, is having a rough time. Her grandfather ended up in the hospital this past Thursday night and they're not giving him much longer to live. In fact they're saying he'll die any day now. Poor Brooklyn was really torn about whether or not she should go but her family convinced her that her grandfather would want her to go and have a good time. Please keep her in your prayers. She's a really sweet kid and I know this is heavy on her heart right now.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I would be nervous too- now if they were going to our camp in Texas I wouldn't be- cause I've been there and I've been a counselor there as well. I wouldn't want Chloe going in the ocean without me being there to wach her (even if she was 11-12 years old!)I will be praying for you to have PEACE of mind and that this week will go by SO Fast and that Jess will really hear from God!