Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Twins

Jacob and Jeremiah are getting so big! 25 pounds last time we took them for a checkup! And they're really long/tall. 31 inches!

Jacob talks more than Jeremiah.... although they only say momma and dada but Jacob says it all the time. I was a little worried that they might be behind but I've found out that twins are kinda in their own world together. They supposedly have 'twin speak.'

The boys don't wave, clap, point or do paddy cake but I'm not too concerned.

Jeremiah is taking more steps than Jacob. He'll just let go and start walking! He turns himself around like a robot!!! It's really cute. Jacob will walk but Jeremiah seems to be letting go more.

They fight over toys!!!! Even if they both have the SAME toy one of them will drop theirs for the other ones!

Jacob used to be my sleeper but nowadays its Jeremiah. Jacob is the last one to fall asleep and the first one to get up! Jeremiah LOVES his blanket that Aunt Denise made for him. As soon as he's put in his crib he hugs it. He sucks on the tabs ;)

When they get up they both start jumping up and down when I walk in the room to get them. Its hard to decide who I'm going to pick up first b/c as soon as I do the other one starts crying.

They've been playing more and more in there room. I put a baby gate up in their doorway and they spend a few hours in there in the morning playing.

Here's some things that annoy me...
When someone says "Twins! I feel sorry for you!"
When people say "Oh _________, he's the fussy one" or something along those lines. They're personalities are still developing and just because the last time we were around HE was crying doesn't mean he's the fussy one!!!!!!!
Looks I get from folks when we have all our kids with us.
I HATE I HATE I HATE the stupid remark that people say "you know what causes that right?"
Or when people feel the need to ask if we're gonna have any more! Like its their business!!!!!!

I'm sure I could think of more things but Darcy is begging me to play with her. Better go!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

We take the boys to Dr. Baker Chambliss at Medplex Pediatric Dentistry. It's located right off of Valleydale sort of behind Lowe's. Dr. Baker is SOOOOO good with the kids!

Anonymous said...

I think you should tekll people it was "something in the water" when they comment about how many kids you have - or " we are starting our own village". or how about "Yes, thank you for asking, in fact we were planning several more - would you like to help contribute to defray costs?"

~Crystal~ said...

Good ones, Denise!
I like it when you update about them. Post some more pictures.