Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Good and The Bad

I have good news and bad news...
which do you want first???
Lets go with the good...
Our dear friend Rocky, who has CF, is in surgery right this moment getting a double lung transplant! This is an answer to prayers for him and his family. He and his family will have to temporarly relocate from Huntsville to Birmingham for about 8 weeks during his recovery. Please keep them in your prayers b/c financially this will be difficult.

Bad news...
We showed up at the doctors office at 4:30 and went back sometime after 5pm. Jeremiah ears looked worse today then they looked last Tuesday when we took him. The medicine hadn't done any good. The shot they gave Jacob in the emergency room didn't phase him either. His ears looked pretty bad too. Darcy also has an ear infection! The doctor changed all their meds and loaded us up with new stuff. She said they had - now i'm know i'm not spelling this right but i'll try- she said they had the adno virus and that it pretty much just had to run its course. Jessica's other grandmother took her to the doctor this afternoon and her doctor said she had the SAME virus. He gave her some meds too.
Matthew had to leave work early today in order to help get everyone to the doctor. We're still feeling pretty icky ourselves. AND We had to cancel our beach vacation. There was just no way we'd try and go with all of us feeling as yucky as we are and it doesn't look like we're getting over it any time soon... at least not before thursday (thats when we were supposed to leave).

3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Thank goodness, they gave them some meds that will hopefully work. I can't believe the other meds, didn't even effect them. Poor babies. That must be one powerful virus.
I'm sorry you had to cancel your vacation too. I guess you have to look at it as there is a reason you needed to stay home.

As far as the title, here are my suggestions:

"Never A Dull Moment"

"What's Peace & Quiet? I Can't Remember?"

"A Full House & Lovin' It"

"Love, Laughter, Diapers & Tears...Welcome To My Life"

"Full House, Full of Blessings"

Beth said...

I'm keeping Rocky and his family in my thoughts. We went to the same school. He is a few years older than I am though. He's fought like a trooper for so long, I know he's not going to give up any time soon. Love the new layout. I like the title Crystal suggested.. Love, Laughter,Diapers and Tears..... LOVE IT.

Gretchen said...

I just read your post. Ross, my 6yr old, had the adeno virus last month. Must be really going around. For two days he couldn't walk cuz his legs hurt so bad. I've read your other post, so it's good to see they are getting better.