Friday, May 11, 2007

ANNOYED

I realized around 9 o'clock this morning that I hadn't changed Darcy yet. Normally, She wakes up with a soaking wet diaper and just minutes after I change her she fills it up again. Not this morning! It was sometime after 9 that I had realized she hadn't been changed. I checked her diaper and it was DRY AS A BONE. I paniced b/c I just knew they'd want to put her on IV's and after reading Melanie's xanga post about Kyan I was worried to death!

I called the doctor's office and asked to speak to a nurse. I had to leave my name and number and was told someone would call me back. Well I waited almost an hour then I decided to call them back! I was polite but I was quickly told they were short handed this morning and someone would be calling me but it might be this afternoon. Well thats when I wasn't so polite. I told the nurse that my daughter may be dehydrated and I was NOT waiting until FRIDAY AFTERNOON to find out what I needed to do! She got a nurse on the phone. The nurse wasn't very helpful. I felt like she was patronizing (sp) me and that pissed me off. FIRST she told me that her not having a wet diaper when she woke up was normal for this age.... I said maybe for this age but not my daughter. Then she kept having conversations with other people while I was on the phone with her... sometimes in the middle of my sentence and sometimes in the middle of her own sentence!

While I was on the phone Darcy peed. And of course the nurse said, well as long as she's going every 6 hours she's fine. She also said if this continue's over the weekend I might need to call back. I said Lady this has gone on since LAST sunday and now you're telling me on Friday afternoon that if this goes on throughout the weekend you might want to see her? Why not see her now? She said she didn't need to see her b/c she peed! WHATEVER! Then she continued to tell me that I needed to keep liquids in her, make sure she's urinates every 6 hours and if her fever gets to 104 or higher to call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why can't you just make an appointment for her? Do they have to give you permission to bring her in...That sounds odd...I mean will they not see her if they don't tell you to bring her?

Jamie said...

I would have told that lady to connect me to scheduling and told them to fit me in. Easier said than done sometimes, I know. You have to worry about taking the boys with you, picking up Jess from school, etc, etc, etc. I hope your weekend is full of pee and not diahrea!!

Staci said...

I would have asked to speak to someone else. That is not cool. I'm sorry they are jerks... They forget that these are OUR CHILDREN not just patients! ITs okay to remind them of that!