Monday, May 14, 2007

God Stuff

I could type something really mushy about Mother's Day but thanks to some others they've already said everything that needed to be said. LOL I had a great one!

I haven't decided if I'm going to share this on my xanga so you guys might be the only one that hears this.... feel special ;) wink wink

Over the last 9 years or so I've gone through valleys and sat on top of mountains. It was about 9 years ago that I became a christian. Since that time I haven't always acted like one but it my heart Jesus was always knocking. I had disappointments in my life that really angered me. From people very close to my family going through a divorce to people that I looked up to not being all that I thought they were.... but they were only human and you can get yourself in trouble when you start looking at humans to be Jesus for ya.

I've had people come and go from my life.... thats probably one of the hardest things for me.... letting go. But I've heard it said over and over about how some things (including people) are only in your life for a season.

Years ago I left my church and found a new one. I know it was God that led me to my new church because in the time there I matured in every sense of the word. I stepped out of the shadows of my parents and it felt good.... REAL GOOD. I left my reputation behind and created a new one. One that I was happy with. Matthew and I grew as christians and with that growth we became better parents. And we grew closer together as well as closer to God. We also surrounded ourselves with Godly friends.

Lately we've felt like the seasons are changing. We've been in prayer for a while now about our children. During the time that Matthew and I were at our new church Jessica would still on ocassion (and more so since the boys were born) visit our old church. She actually has gotten very involved in the youth there and she loves it. Most of the kids she goes to school with also go to church there. At our current church we felt like there wasn't anything there to offer our kids. We struggle to get Darcy to stay in the nursery and its seems like the nursery workers aren't very eager to help us get her adjusted. Going to church is dreadful for us b/c we don't want to go through her screaming and pitching fits.

This past Sunday we went to church with my mom for Mother's Day (our old church). We took Darcy to the nursery and I saw familiar faces incharge of her class. I started to explain to them that Darcy is going to scream but she would eventually calm down. The guy looked at me and said "okay" and then he stretched out his arms to Darcy and said "come here sweetheart" and ya know what happened next....... She went to him with no problem. I thought Matthew and I were going to fall out on the floor!!!!!!! I had to stay in the doorway to give them her information and she never looked back. She was F I N E !! And she was fine the entire time in there! At that moment I felt like it was a sign from God but I didn't say anything to Matthew.

We went into the sanctuary for the service. I enjoyed praise and worship... I always liked it before. But the preaching didn't really do anything for me. The one thing I can say about my current pastor is that he uses scriptures when giving his message and he leaves out all that yelling junk. I know that at the end of his sermon if I feel a tingling in my heart its not b/c he played on my emotions but its because God was doing something inside me. He's a teacher. Anyways, I got a couple of points out of the message but I felt like he was chasing some rabbits ;)

Last night while Matthew and I were laying in bed, we started talking and we agreed that our children's needs are more important than our own. We really feel like God is leading us back to our 'old' church b/c thats where our kids can benefit more. We know that we need to get something out of going to church too but we're just hoping that God will do something in that area. But right now its more important to us that our children experience God at church and in sunday school class.

I still have some issues with things that have gone on there in the past but I know how much I've changed in the past 9 years so I'm praying that those people have also changed.

As for me and my family.... we will be returning to Kingwood.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That is a huge step! I will be praying for you.

~Crystal~ said...

Wow....God has done some changes in your heart. And like Jamie said, it's a huge step.
Nicole, the Lord is going to honor you & Matthew, for putting your kids & their spiritual well being before your own. You never know what God's got instore for you. And it's when we step out on faith & don't feel the most comfortable, that, we grow & learn.
Thanks for sharing that with us.

Staci said...

Thanks for sharing. I know there has been a lot that has gone on at Kingwood over the years- but just keep your children's hearts in mind and the Lord will lead you. There will NEVER be a perfect church- Because there are people invovled! And thankfully the church accepts all kinds of people! I preached a message on that not to long ago! I'm glad Dacry went to the nursery. Did the boys go too?

Vickie said...

I am praying that God will show FAVOR towards you, Matthew and your family at Kingwood. I'll be looking for you.