Sunday, September 04, 2005

Your opportunity to help

I received this email from Kelly Staggs (tommy staggs' wife). I emailed it to several of you but just incase I didn't have your email address I wanted to give you the opportunity to help this family in need.

Hey Everyone-

Well my family survived the hurricane, but so many didn't. Our hearts are
breaking seeing every picture and hearing every story that these people have
to tell. That's why I'am writing to you now. Our neighbors (across the
street) have family in New Orleans. There okay, they evacuated and came up
here. There are three families living in a three bedroom house.(total of 15
people and babies). Because they did not go to a shelter, they aren't
getting what they need. They have lost everything. There are 8 adults and 4
children that only have there cars and 3 days of clothing. I asked why they
didn't bring more with them, they said they didn't think it was going to hit
them that bad or that the levees would break. We (the neighborhood) are
trying to help, but it's not enough. They need clothes, personal items,
socks, underwear, hairbrushes, formula, diapers, wipes, blankets,etc..I
could go on and on. What me and Tommy are trying to do is to ask everyone
from our family, to our friends, and to all of our church family, is to send
money. In form of a check made out to me or Tommy so we can get them gift
cards from area stores so they can pick up things they need. I know you
might have all ready given , but if you can give even clothes you don't need
anymore or things you don't need anymore, they would greatly take it. These
people are beautiful people and we have grown attached to them, that's why
we want to help them out. Our address is: 193 Waterford Highlands Trail
Calera, Alabama. 35040
Again thank you for listening to me and keep them in your prayers.

Love Always,
Kelly

If you are not comfortable sending them a check you can fill a box full of things and send it to them or I can take it to kelly.

4 comments:

The Dank Doctor said...

hey, awesome blog, nice content. come check out mine. link to me!

Chris said...

Thanks for wanting to help out. Right now there is nothing really we can do unless we are down there. Mail isn't running down there yet, and it may be about a week before they get power.

native-nc said...

Nic, thanks for passing this on! Finally a way that I can help. Do you know the ages of the kids?? I have tons of toys, books & clothes I could send. I will try to send something out asap. Let me know what you find out!

Jamie said...

Yeah... post any sizes you can... even if they are guesses. And maybe I can cook them a meal or something?