Thursday, September 01, 2005

oh my

what are we going to do folks... things are getting worse!?!

I passed several gas stations today that were already out of gas. There were signs saying to pay first due to the high volume of drive offs.

My family in the dauphne island area said they are without power and there's no way out b/c there's no gas!

My dad is a real estate appraiser and he fills up almost daily. Matthew is working in Vance right now... he fills up every other day. Right now our plan is to drive his until its empty then he'll drive mine. My dad is going to take my mom to work to keep her from having to use gas.

the news is depressing... did you hear about the bodies all over... people are now dying from lack of water and heat! women are being raped and babies are starving! its so horrible.

3 comments:

prftpeace said...

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

Jehovah Jireh---our provider

We have to stand firm---this battle belongs to the Lord.

It's up to us to show the world how it's done!

Jamie said...

Hank & I have restricted our driving as well. But Deb is right. We have to trust our God. While we may not see a reason for the devastation, God's purposes are many. I just pray we are all willing vessels in this time.

Vickie said...

All we see on the news is bad, devastating, unthinkable and like one great big nightmare. The gas situation will get better. These people in the coastal areas are living hell on earth and can't see a light at the end of their endless tunnels but our God is Sovereign and he is , was and will be in control. We are so blessed. I feel bad even taking a shower or eating any food. Walking to the sink to get a drink of water. All this will come to pass. We all need to get spiritually strong and do what we can do to help ourselves and any others that we can. Don't worry about tomorrow. All we can do is live today to its fullest.