Monday, June 30, 2008

Planning

Here's what I'm planning for my trip today... see if you know a better way

Transaction #1
1 Bic Razor - $6.99
1 Bic Cartridges $6.99
1 Cottonelle TP $4.99
2 Box of Kleenex (BOGO)
2 Fig Newtons (BOGO)
1 Smart Rinse

subtotal $29.14
use 1 $4 off $20 bringing it to $25.14
use 4 $3 off $15 bringing it to $13.14
use $4.00 off razor - $9.14
use $2.00 razor refils $7.14
use .25 cents of TP - $6.89
use $1.oo off mouthwash $5.89
use $4.99 in ECB's
OOP .90 cents
EARN $8.49 in ECBS

Transaction 2
1 Right Guard Deodorant - $6.99
2 Xtra Detergents (BOGO) $2.99
1 Dove Body Wash - $5.29
1 Colgate Toothpaste - $1.77
1 Pack of Bandaids - $1.99

subtotal $19.03
use 2 $3 off $15 bringing it to $13.03
use $1 off coupon for deodorant = $12.03
use $1 off coupon for body wash = $11.03
use $1.50 off toothpaste = $9.53
use $8.49 in ECB's
OOP $1.04
EARN $9.99 ECB's!!!

Now I realize this is off some due to this is all BEFORE tax but its not going to be off by much! Let me know if you see another way to do it!!! Thanks!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi, I found your blog, through a blog, through a blog and through another blog! lol. I noticed you live in the Helena area. I live in Jemison. I was wondering if your Helena CVS has the scanner thingie that prints out coupons. Mine do not and I run through Helena from time to time and thought it might be worth it to stop next time I am out that way. Calera just had a new CVS open yesterday and I am stopping by it on my way home this afternoon. I am soooooo hoping they have the card scanners in the new store.
Anyway, nice to meet you. I am Mandy by the way.

Nicole said...

Amanda... email me at mnjdbrock@yahoo.com i can't get to your blog by clicking on your name

i live in jemison too. my sister lives in helena... i'm not sure what you're talking about with the scanner thing.

Jamie said...

Now, I've never been able to double or even triple up on my $3 off $15.

Anonymous said...

I'm just trying to figure this whole cvs thing out. I see it on a lot of peoples blogs but I haven't actually done it yet. I'm guessing the reason for making more than one transaction is so that you can use the ecb's from your first transaction. is that right? and it seems like a lot of planning before hand. do you look in the flyer? not sure about all this. sounds interesting though. let me know if you have a chance. thanks...smalltowngirl2@gmail.com
danette

Vickie said...

I've never asked them to use more than one of any coupon either.
If your subtotal was maybe $80 before coupons I think I may try but not with a $29 or $19 order.

I personally don't feel right about it.

Nicole said...

I've never had any of them act like I wasn't supposed to be doing it... in fact I thought thats how most of you did it. My subtotals are rarely over $25 so its only using one $3 off $15 coupon 4 times.

~Crystal~ said...

I have only used 1 $4/20 along with 1 $3/15, just combined with other coupons. There have been a few times where I've had the $5/30, so I used it along with the other two, but that's it. Do they do that at the store you normally go too?

~Crystal~ said...

Oh! Sorry I missed your call....My ringer was off & I didn't know it. :)

Amanda said...

Nicole,
I don't have a blog yet. Thinking about it though.
The scanners are kind of like the price check scanners in walmart. when you scan your extra care card they supposedly print out cvs coupons. i have heard that they are just randomly located in the store somewhere. i think it's a fairly new thing but i hear a lot about them on centsible sawyer and money saving mom's blogs.
i didn't get to stop by the new one in calera yesterday because my daughter was just not in a shopping mood so i don't know if they have one or not.