Saturday, June 07, 2008

Disappointed

I was at my inlaws in alabaster this afternoon and on a whim decided to go to CVS. I took my FIL along to show off my skills. I did a quick list of things I wanted to buy...

Bounty Paper Towels ---I wanted to get $20 in bounty paper towels b/c I'd already bought the charmin tp. I would have bought some paper towels at the same time but my store was sold out so when they raised the limit I decided i'd go back and max out on paper towels. The alabaster store had none. I was disappointed.

CVS sheer bandaids --- my local store was sold out of these as well so I thought I'd get them in alabaster - WRONG. I asked the manager if they were going to get anymore in and he said when does the deal run out? I told him its for the whole month of June and he said "not sure." WHAT??? I think he purposely doesn't stock things that generate ECB's.

3 packs of Pampers --- I'd already bought my $20 worth but didn't realize it was a 1 limit per card thing. I was really going for the $10 ecb's!

Well I got a rain check for the bounty paper towels but it won't get me my ECB's so its useless to me. I did end up getting 2 bottles of Dawn and a pack of always pads but I couldn't find the ones that would generate ECB's. I had the flyer with me but the store was marked very well. THAT should have been a sign to get out quickly!!!!

Anyways... I purchased the above stuff and gave him my first $3 off $15. My total was still above $15... waaaay above. I gave him my 2nd $3 off $15 but he wouldn't take it. I asked him why but he couldn't give me a reason. I was disappointed b/c I knew I could have taken my total waaay below the current price. But I didn't fight it b/c I was with my FIL and there was a line forming. He'd already called the manager up there 2x for the bandaid question and for my rain check. So after paying waaay more than expected I was looking over my reciept while my FIL checked out and I realized I didn't get my $10 ecb's from the pampers. I asked the guy why not and he called the manager back to the front. This time he took a loooon time to make his way back up and when he saw it was me (wonder if he had a camera in the back and he KNEW it was me)... anyways he gave me a nasty look. I told him what happened and he gave me some BS answer that didn't make ANY SENSE!!! I said "huh?" And then he looked stumped. He asked for my receipt and then he said "You already reached your limit!" I said "oh, I didn't realize there was a limit of one." Then I asked him if the limit has been raised like some of the other stuff and he looked very annoyed and said he didn't know what I was talking about. He pointed out that very clearly the paper said ONE limit. I was annoyed and left on that note. I should have just voided the transaction but that was an after thought. I will NEVER go back into that store! Even my FIL made a comment about him being rude.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Girl, I told you. Don't go to that store unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. They are ALWAYS that way. The other store I told you about is always better stocked and so much nices to us ladies with books! :)

~Crystal~ said...

We know more about the deals in the stores than the managers. That is from a manager. If we are reading iheartcvs, we know what deals are coming up & if deals have been raised. They don't notify the store to say a deal has been raised. We know about it, from other people being able to get more of a deal or if the bottom of your receipt doesn't say *limit reached*. You have to be informed before you go in, knowing exactly what the limit is. If the limit is one, then there is no budging. They have no control of the ecb's coming out. It's all in the system. I'm not taking up for that manager at all, because he is not nice. Just stating facts. :) Also if it is a monthly deal, they will more than likely receive more of the item before the month is out. I've noticed that if you wait until the end of the month most stuff is in complete stock. Most people rush in at the beginning of the month & wipe the places out. So, you will have other chances.