Monday, June 23, 2008

Oh Me oh My!


i headed out around 1:30ish to go my grocery/cvs shopping. I got in my car and realized i left my coupon book and stash of cash for CVS. I went back inside and somehow still managed to forget my coupon book --- which hold my ECB's. So I get all the way to CVS and I'm about to gather my things and go inside when I realize I've left the most important thing/tool. I went inside anyways and picked up a sales paper b/c its easier to look at the real thing than the copy on the internet.


i went across the street to winn dixie. I went to grab their paper at the front of the store that has their coupon on in it but they were all out!!!! I pulled out my pen and paper and started to mark off things in the produce section... my pen wouldn't work!!!!!!! I ended up digging threw my purse and finding a old eye liner. I used that instead. I have to mark things off... my list is so long that i'd be lost if i didn't!!!


I felt like I was doing really well with my spending. i went to check out and i was floored... I went way over my normal budget and I thought I was actually going to come out less!!!!! I don't know what went wrong but something did! I still saved $44 with my card but geez... i thought i'd come out a lot lesser than what I did.


so now i'm home and i've just finished unloading and putting away my groceries... its always a nice feeling b/c for just a day or so we look like we're stocked with food! But man does it disappear so quickly! i think the gnomes eat our food in the middle of the night!


3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Girl, there is no way I would have still bought groceries. I would have go back the next day.

Jamie said...

I know what you mean... that stash of food disappears like magic, huh? And you should have gone back for that book!

native-nc said...

Girl, I can tell you what went wrong.....things up here have gone up again. Half of the items I buy every week went up by at least .50 this week, I went over too & my list varies only a little bit each week. It's a bummer to spend so much more on the same stuff. When I get frustrated I try & catch a ride to CVS to cheer me up.....like I said, Im officially addicted!!!!