Monday, June 16, 2008

LOOOONG NIGHT

Back from the ER. It was Jeremiah... he's okay. I'll fill in the details later.

night

Here's the details.
Jeremiah has had a yucky cough and in the last 2 days or so its gotten worse. I gave him a breathing treatment last night before bed. Around 10ish he woke up coughing. He couldn't catch his breath and he was gasping and gagging. He was pretty scared and he scared us big time. I tried to call Jessica's grandmother (she's a nurse at childrens and I call her all the time) but no answer. I was worried b/c he wouldn't calm down. We made the decision to head to the ER. Jessica's friends momma came to the house until my parents could get here. Matthew held him while I drove. He had calmed down by the time we got on the road but we decided to keep going just to make sure. The doctor said his lungs sounded fine but his ears looked red. They gave him some meds and sent us home with a prescription. He did not like being in the ER. He was tired. He would cry and then have a coughing fit again but they worked really fast to get us out of there. I'm sure the other patients were wishing we'd leave.

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Poor Jeremiah...That had to be a long ride to the ER.

Staci said...

Poor baby. I know that feeling of grabbing them up and running to the ER... its scary. I'm glad he was able to calm down. Jack started coughing today and has a rash...on his tummy. He was running fever all weekend and now its gone, but its running its course I suppose.