Thursday, May 25, 2006

Walmart Wondering

Tonight I finally took a bath/shower. First I took a bath and shaved my legs :) Then I took a shower and bathed.

I had been needing to go to the store for the past few days to get formula (I hate to get low). By the time I got out of the shower is was nearly 10pm. I was hoping the boys would go down quickly so I could go before they woke up. Finally we got them both down. I told Matthew to call me if they woke up. Off to walmart I went.

On my way there I jammed to 95.7 jams. I got "the look" at a redlight by some young guy (notice I didn't say cute). I pulled into the parking lot and I was pumped about having walmart all to myself... kid and husband free!

I went down every aisle almost. I smelt every bar soap... still like the blue dial soap for men the best. I got all the things on my list and then some. I picked out b'day cards and father's day cards. I poked around in the baby section for a looooong time.

I finally made my way to the check out counter. There were only 2 open. I got in line behind a couple. I started putting my stuff on the belt when these 2 young people (man do i feel old... they were probably 20) walked up behind me. I didn't think anything of it UNTIL... HE FARTED!!!!! I was like "No, he didn't!!" They started laughing and they both stepped back. Before I realized it I had turned around and let this guy have it!!!! I told him that the least he could have done was apologize or excuse himself! I told him that I thought he was really immature and asked if his mommy knew he was out late! I don't think I would have been so ugly if they wouldn't have been soooooo immature about it. And no he wasn't embarrassed.... He was proud!

Anyways so after I got over that it was my turn. I had my WIC checks. I had 4 checks with over 20 something cans of formula total. And I had my own personal stuff to pay for. The lady was not happy. I tried to be polite and chat with her but she wasn't having it. By this time there was a big ole line behind me and right in the middle of ringing up my formula she stopped... counted all the cans and looked at me and asked why I had so much formula. Then she asked me whose names were on the checks. Her tone was really rude!!! I told her I had twins and that I got all my formula for the month at one time to save me trips to the store. She didn't say a word... I thought she should have at least said "oh, okay I see." I was glad to get out of there!!!!!

As I was pulling out of the parking lot something caught my eye.... it was the Taco Bell sign!!!!!!! So I made a run for the border.

I walked in the door and the first thing I noticed was my husband was not in the bed. I gulped. He was asleep on the couch and next to him on the floor was Jeremiah in the bouncey seat asleep too. I woke him up and sent him back to bed. He said Jeremiah had been gassy... boy was he right. He's been sitting here (asleep) next to me while I type this post... pooting away!!!!! Almost as loud as the guy behind me at walmart!!!!! LOL

Tomorrow is awards day... guess I'd better get some sleep. Gotta be at the church at 8am!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Your post about "running for the border" cracked me up. It also made me want taco bell, which never happens!