Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Growing up

I watched Jessica at volleyball practice yesterday. She's one of the smallest ones on the team. I know this sounds kinda silly but I'm scared for her... not cause she's small but b/c she's so sweet. Middle school and High school can be either really good or really bad... I'm hoping her experience is really good.
She seemed a little intimadated yesterday at practice. Most of the players have already played volleyball. There's only a few new ones. I think she got a little confused over what they were supposed to be doing during one of the drills. I think Coach forgets there's new girls who don't know what he's talking about... but thankfully another girl showed her but she still had that look on her face. I just wanted to run out there and show her myself but I didn't. I got excited when she'd do good... she got excited too. I could tell she got embarrassed when she didn't do so good.
I asked her on the way home if she liked it... she does... she really does. I guess this means I gotta go buy all the gear now. You've gotta have shoes, knee pads, a ball and cool practice clothes. I want her to have all the cute stuff that says volleyball on it... I figured if she looked like a volleyball player, she'd feel like one and then maybe that would boast her confidence to play like one ;)

today is track and field day but i'm not going to make it. I think this is the first year I haven't gone in many many years. I just have no way of getting all 4 of us there... I only have a double stroller and I cannot trust Darcy to walk. Jessica didn't seem bothered that I wouldn't be there... just me.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

If you think it would help, maybe we can arrange a play date at a park and i can work on some skills with Jessica one on one.